Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,342   Online: 810

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Diana F+ really worth it?

In a way I wouldn't mind playing with a toy camera. I had a plastic camera at about the age of four or five and loved it. The Lomography Shop has a reproduction of the Diana F+, but is it really worth 95 USD plus 45 USD postage? Any satisfied users out there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    In a way I wouldn't mind playing with a toy camera. I had a plastic camera at about the age of four or five and loved it. The Lomography Shop has a reproduction of the Diana F+, but is it really worth 95 USD plus 45 USD postage? Any satisfied users out there?
    I am sure it is. I paid less than that for a new FM2 body in 1986.

I also bought a Voightlander folder with a color skopar lens on it for 12 bucks last year. It takes great pictures.

BUT... all the cameras I have that take crappy pictures all run over a hundred dollars so I think you are in the ballpark.

What price mediocre photos? Yes, priceless.

tim in san jose
    Last edited by k_jupiter; 01-21-2008 at 08:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speling of corse
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I run into this dilemna every time I see a great Diana photo. Hell, it's alot cheaper than any lens I ever bought.
    I guess that buying a Diana proper might be less risky because you could always resell.

And what's up with $45 postage?
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic View Post
    I run into this dilemna every time I see a great Diana photo. Hell, it's alot cheaper than any lens I ever bought.
    I guess that buying a Diana proper might be less risky because you could always resell.

And what's up with $45 postage?
    'e lives in Australia.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Whenever I feel the need for a camera of this kind, I use a Kodak Brownie Cresta III, which I think would deliver the same image quality as a Diana but is better made. A Cresta III I am sure can be yours for $10.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    'e lives in Australia.

tim in san jose

Yes, I do. But $45 USD postage is still extremely expensive.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    keven try here http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000002762 they have the diana from lomo for 49.99. dont know about shipping to australia but put it in your basket and find out.good luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmiec View Post
    keven try here http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000002762 they have the diana from lomo for 49.99. dont know about shipping to australia but put it in your basket and find out.good luck
    Good Lord, NO! The Dianas are fun, but that price is whacked. Get a brand new Holga from http://www.freestylephoto.biz/.
    Or look around for an old, interesting camera in your neck of the woods. Chances are it will take just as strange a picture as the overpriced Diana.
    If I'd known what those things were going to sell for, I'd have gotten my Ex's as part of the divorce settlement....

Shooter
    35mm
    The whole point of getting a Diana is to take lo-fi images, not Diana images, yes? Any old meniscus lens camera will do that for you, at 1% or less of the cost of some overpriced kitch from Lomo.

The whole boutique crappy camera movement is hilarious to me. A Holga for $30? Ludicrous.
    Solomon was right about fools and money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree okto.The whole lomography hype is just that,hype.It's the flavour of the month.Buy something branded by that group and you spend way too much loot.
    Go to your local thrift shop,hit the yard sales,heck I picked up 2 leather cases for my Nikon's at a church rummage sale for $1.00.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin