Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,060   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hermzie View Post
    I have a Polaroid One600 -- is there any sort of replacement film we can use in place of polaroid film??
    Nope. Once polaroid stop making 600 film, there's no replacement. Especially as they're only giving the market effectively a year or less to buy and start producing there will at the very least be a gap in production IF someone takes up production which isn't very likely.
    There's Fujifilm Instax cameras which are similar but not identical to the Polaroid One600 cameras but they're much larger and bulky and not a square format but "wide".
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would also not buy a new Pola cam because soon no film!

Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now, truth be told -- if you want to continue using your 600-type film Polaroid camera, you can. There's unsaleable.com and SX-70 Blend, which you can use after you take its filter off. But it'd be around 3$ per shot.

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    sx-70 blend is useless for One600 cameras because One600 cameras are already designed to take 600 film (unlike the sx-70 cameras which were meant to take TimeZero film which was a much lower ISO)
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So how can that be useless? Feeding a 600 film to a camera that takes 600 film is useless?!

-Sino.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In case there's any confusion, the Blend, is almost identical to 600 film. The only difference (apart from the claimed different color response) is that it includes a ND sheet on the upper side of the film cassette.

-Sino.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The problem is 600 film is being discontinued by next year. Just like all the other polaroid film. That's why everyone is up in arms on this particular topic/thread/whateveryoucallit.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know, and I'm really sad and angry with this whole situation. I'm just pointing out in the right direction in case anybody feels like he/she needs to keep using his camera. I do wish that someone takes over that business, even if the film prices go up.

-Sino.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin