Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 760

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

New user, please advice on Polaroid!

Hi! I'm new to this Forum and APUG.org itself, and I would like to ask for your help on this subject..

I would like to offer a Polaroid to my girlfriend for valentines, the pop out of the bottom instant picture cartridge type, but I'm completely off on these type of cameras. I now they have evolved a lot after the first one, so I would like to ask if anyone could advice me on this purchase.

I would like something that delivers good quality images, but also it would be nice to be lightweight/small, easy to use (she's not into photography at all), with flash..
    Thank you in advance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would recommend getting a new One600 camera. I bought one a couple months ago and it works fine for its intended purpose. They are fairly inexpensive, about $35 here in the States. My three-year-old grand daughter can use it with a distinctive photographic style.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you very much!
    I'll search for that one, and hope for tons of fun!
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    DO NOT BUY ANY POLAROID PRODUCTS! First read the news today ( 8 Feb 2008). As reported on nytimes.com, and boston.com, Polaroid announced today that they are ceasing production of ALL instant film products.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wow how to kill a product dead in its tracks. There's load of polaroid film out there. Even if you only use it a few times, it's worth it. It's also good to let the market speak for itself. If someone wants the polaroid film and will buy it, someone out there will be more than willing to buy the technology off of polaroid to make the stuff.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The fuji instant films are very good. Pick up a camera and shoot and be happy.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    The fuji instant films are very good. Pick up a camera and shoot and be happy.
    Along Fujifilm's current line of thought, it'd be great if they came out with an sx-70-like folding SLR autofocus instant print camera that did close focusing (less than 2feet)...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    You might want to get your gf a Polaroid disposable 35mm camera, if you can find one anywhere...

paulie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Its a bad day to start using Polaroid.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I have a Polaroid One600 -- is there any sort of replacement film we can use in place of polaroid film??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin