Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,432   Online: 1034

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minox anyone???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting this is brought up. I used to carry my Minox B everywhere. Got some great photos. They really are a precision camera. Walter Zapp had to be one of the really great camera designers of all time. My Dad used to use an Adox asa 10 film, and could make creditable 8 X 10 prints. Too bad that film isn't available any more (at least I don't think it is). This gets me thinking I should use my B again.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one...

Anyone with a later model Minox C notice that the CdS cell is engaged at 15? I was checking the camera before putting it away for the season and noticed 15 was too fast. Then I took it into the dark and it seemed like 15 again.

Unless this is a defect, I think 15 might be actually A with a low "limit" of 15.

The A setting will go to many seconds as it should.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there anyone around here that is still shooting Minox? I just picked up a Minox B. It's my first.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been looking for a film splitter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just been looking to buy the film. Blue Moon and Frugal Photographer are mostly out of stock right now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    I own a Minox B that I bought during a period of gross excess in the 1960s (IIRC). I even have a daylight tank and some other accessories. I tend to remember the results as a "cell phone camera before there were cell phones," but I suppose I ought to try a roll of "modern" film through it one of these days. I actually have a roll pf Plus-X with an expiration date of 1970-something! The commercially available loads do seem a bit pricey for my cheapo self.

(On Plus-X in the 1960s)
    Whoa, those are some serious trousers.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I took mine to a Rancid concert and got a few horrible shots. My niece met us there with her boyfriend and I took all kinds of shots but not on film... With a Minox the film counter just keeps going around in circles... I guess I'd pulled out the film a couple times to replace the batteries and lost track of where I really was on the roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you guys know that Dwayne's Photo will process Minox for about $10 a roll?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin