Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,762   Online: 1058

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Demekin 110 Camera

Came across this little beauty: http://www.superheadz.com/demekin/

Very kewl. Now I need to get one. Anyone ever order from these guys? Though I need someone who reads Japanese to tell me how much this thing costs.

BTW My local Wal-Mart had a stock of 20 - yes twenty - rolls of Kodak 110 film the other day.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Art, remember to ALWAYS buy the film before you buy the camera. Else, it's Hay, Where can I get some obsolete (and obviously out-dated) film for this obsolete camera???

I hope this helps you.

Paul

Shooter
    Holga
    They got some crazy cameras! WIsh I could understand the site too. I bought some 110 film recently at Walgreens. Its a drugstore chain in the US. Color 200 speed is about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
    Art, remember to ALWAYS buy the film before you buy the camera. Else, it's Hay, Where can I get some obsolete (and obviously out-dated) film for this obsolete camera???
    Bought all 16 rolls at the local Wal-Mart last Saturday. And my local Walgreens has 14 rolls on the shelf when I was there last night.

Don't rain on my parade!

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hadnt thought about this before, but where the heck can you get this film size developed these days? Just wondering...

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wal-Mart and Walgreen's will develop it. Well, they'll send it out for development. $14 for development and two sets of 5x7 prints.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    i've always wanted one of these but they're so expensive now that the dollar isn't worth anything overseas.
    you can get 110 processed @ dwaynes for cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Batches of Kodak 400 (best before ??/2008) and Fujicolor 200 (??/2009) still show up regularly on *bay, and Ferrania 110 film (200 iso) is -as far as I know- still in production. Stashing up on 110 film shouldn't be a problem.

I hadnt thought about this before, but where the heck can you get this film size developed these days? Just wondering...
    Probably not interesting for you, but in the Netherlands, there's a chain of stores where I can drop off anything from 110 to 220. In my region, this is sent to a Fuji center. Sure enough, 110, 120 and 220 always takes them a bit longer (that's an understatement...) to process than 35mm. That always makes me wonder about what happens when they receive my non-35mm film. "Hm, what the beep is this?" "Oh I dunno, just put it aside until Friday, when our oldest employee is back. He'll probably know what to do with it..."

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Batches of Kodak 400 (best before ??/2008) and Fujicolor 200 (??/2009) still show up regularly on *bay, and Ferrania 110 film (200 iso) is -as far as I know- still in production. Stashing up on 110 film shouldn't be a problem.
    My local Walgreens (a US drug store chain) has store-brand 110 film (made by Fuji). US mail-order photo outfits have it, too; I think B&H does, for instance (although I'm too lazy to check right now). I'm pretty sure that only color negative 110 film is being made, though. I've heard of people re-spooling B&W and slide film, but it sounds like a bit of a pain, and the frame spacing is likely to be weird with most cameras, since "real" 110 film has one registration mark for each frame, and those are hard to replicate.

That always makes me wonder about what happens when they receive my non-35mm film. "Hm, what the beep is this?" "Oh I dunno, just put it aside until Friday, when our oldest employee is back. He'll probably know what to do with it..."
    More likely they need to wait to get enough of it to make a run worthwhile. They aren't doing the processing in single-roll tanks like I do, or even run it through minilab machines one roll at a time; they've got to splice the rolls together with others of like format, so they need a certain number of rolls to fill their machine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art,

Looks cool but nothing special, apart from the camera's appearance. If the price under the camera is in YEN, then 2,940.00 JPY = 29.7714 USD.

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin