Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,694   Online: 793

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Plastic lenses for other bodies

Is it possible to get a holga/lomo type plastic lens for say a canon eos or leica m body?

Just for days I happen to see something and have the 'wrong' camera with me.

Fintan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I don’t know of any commercial solutions – but I believe that it would be possible to use a Holga lens an M Leica via a screw-mount adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Come to think of it – take a look here: http://www.lensbabies.com/

But I do think that cannibalising a toy camera would be an entertaining project and possibly give more interesting results.
    Last edited by Uhner; 03-13-2008 at 07:50 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: not thinking...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It doesn't exactly give the same results as a Holga, but it's good for a quick fix.

http://www.holgamods.com/xt/xt.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    It doesn't exactly give the same results as a Holga, but it's good for a quick fix.

http://www.holgamods.com/xt/xt.html
    Looks good, I might look for some adapter for the leica m

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not exactly a reply to your question, but looking at your avatar I get a similar look by using a cheap wide angle adapter on the front of a Rolleiflex TLR and using the lens wide open. I wonder if a cheap wide angle adapter on the front of a Cannon or Leica would have the same effect in 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With a body cap, disused or broken lens barrel, or something similar, you can adapt and mount simple lenses, meniscus lenses from disposables, etc to make up something for your SLR.

There's a nice CD/book here with examples and ideas, including specifics on materials and optics for 35mm and MF SLRs:
    http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/m2797.html

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 03-14-2008 at 03:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been trying to figure out a way to adapt a Diana lens to a Pentax 67 body. I had thought the lens to film plane distance was similar enough to work with some sort of push/pull focusing mechanism (see my other lens project in the camera building forum under the tilte "Jim Galli you out there?"). But alas, the lens needs to be much closer to the film plane. I could make it work if the lens didn't interfere with the mirror. I could use the mirror luck up feature, but how would I compose the image?? D'oh!
    I can use it as a neat little macro lens!
    Any ideas?
    Steve

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently spoke with Randy from www.holgamods.com, I suspect that he'll be doing a Holga lens for a Leica M mount body cap soon.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sima soft focus lens

Sima made a 100mm plastic lens in a plastic tube with a T mount. You can mount it on any 35mm body that you can find a T mount adapter for so should be able to find a way to fit it to the EOS. They sold in the 1980's so may be inexpensive if you can find one. Focus is push/pull instead of a helicoid and aperture is a set of disks with holes.

You get the toy camera soft focus but not the vignetting. The softness varies with changes in aperture. For a sample of the effect see this article on photo.net.

Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin