Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,418   Online: 1030

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    great thread!!

my diana and holga had languished as "wall art" at home for the past few years until recently.

i've started adding my diana and my less light-tight holga to my camera bag lately...they add precious little weight and bulk...and they offer an alternative way of creating images...each have their own "signature" and i like to use them to get another take on whatever has caught my eye.

for me they are as real as my mamiya6 and rolleiflex 6002. now, i just have to quit being too lazy/in a hurry/distracted/etc to use them.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    great thread!!

my diana and holga had languished as "wall art" at home for the past few years until recently.

i've started adding my diana and my less light-tight holga to my camera bag lately...they add precious little weight and bulk...and they offer an alternative way of creating images...each have their own "signature" and i like to use them to get another take on whatever has caught my eye.

for me they are as real as my mamiya6 and rolleiflex 6002. now, i just have to quit being too lazy/in a hurry/distracted/etc to use them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Double post?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess when I want to. I'm leaving on week trip to West Texas in the morning and have packed my camera from the other side. In addition to that I packed a Zero Image 2000, an Agfa Clack and my Diana. I'll be moving soon and foolishly put the Holga in storage which is how I ended up with one of the new Diana F cameras. The back up body for my other side camera is staying home. Figure if it dies, I'll just have to have fun with my other cameras. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Holga: a very real camera that produces very unreal images. God bless bad Chinese quality control.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree! Holgas are REAL CAMERAS!
    Considering that six of my seven cameras are Holgas, most of the time.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hate my Holga and I will never use it again. I've had some images that screamed for a more pictorial treatment, but the Holga just ruined them with light leaks, unflat film, overlap between frames, etc. I've tried taping the thing up but it still plagues me.

I''d rather buy a decent older camera, violate the lens with vaseline or a vignette mask or scratches, and shoot that.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are some tricks to fixing the light leak and loose film issues. If you open the Holga and flip it upside down, there are two holes in the light box, where the fake "prism" box is. Put some tape over those. That is a big source of light leaks. To keep the film tight, rip off one of the flaps from your film box, fold it up, and stick it under the film reel after you load the camera. That should tighten the film up. Loose film is probably causing your overlap problem too. I love using my Holgas. It helps when you get stuck in a rut.

Apologies if you already tried these things. Not much quality control with the Holgas, and YMMV.

Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Never.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd use one.

If I had a table with one leg short, and I needed something to prop it up to stop it wobbling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin