Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,930   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The old photojournalist trick is to hold the the baseplate in your mouth while changing film (interior side down, so you don't fill the baseplate with spittle, of course ). I actually have a spare baseplate, just in case. It would probably take 6 months to get another one from the factory. Leica could use a swing door design, but then they would be f***ing with tradition .
    Last edited by Tom Duffy; 03-16-2008 at 10:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: the posting filter didn't change my profanity, as expected.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    The old photojournalist trick is to hold the the baseplate in your mouth while changing film (interior side down, so you don't fill the baseplate with spittle, of course ). I actually have a spare baseplate, just in case. It would probably take 6 months to get another one from the factory. Leica could use a swing door design, but then they would be f***ing with tradition .
    wouldn't the drool lower the resale value?

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're really worried, you can get one of those chrome chains the bikers use to attach to their wallets, and clip to the base plate when you take it off. Or one of those key-chains on a spring loaded wire that connects to your belt. Lots of neat stuff, just check out the Ace (or other) Hardware store near you. I hope this helps you.

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
    If you're really worried, you can get one of those chrome chains the bikers use to attach to their wallets, and clip to the base plate when you take it off. Or one of those key-chains on a spring loaded wire that connects to your belt. Lots of neat stuff, just check out the Ace (or other) Hardware store near you. I hope this helps you.

Paul
    oh i don't actually have the leica m7 yet but i'm considering getting this toy. the only thing holding me back is the weird film loading.

Shooter
    35mm
    APUG > APUG English Forums > Equipment > Toy Cameras & Polaroid Cameras > Film plate on Leica M7
    A Leica M7 is a toy camera?
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    A Leica M7 is a toy camera?
    going to play with it for personal enjoyment, so i'm going to treat it like a toy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cotdt View Post
    really? is leica really going out of business? i thought they were going to become a digital P&S camera company.
    Already there!

Leica D-LUX 3
    Leica V-LUX 1
    Leica Digilux 2

And there's the Leica M8
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin