Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,275   Online: 1069

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

35mm Holga - Get one?

Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Probably fun. I think I'll stick to shooting a 120 Holga.

As the saying goes, you'll only get my Leica when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands. HA!
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know. I'm not too crazy about the 120 Holga. I know, some people swear by it. I don't like fuzzy, foggy images myself. But hey, if that's your thing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    I don't know. I'm not too crazy about the 120 Holga. I know, some people swear by it. I don't like fuzzy, foggy images myself. But hey, if that's your thing...
    It's the look. If you want friggin fine art prints a holga is not for you. It's the dream like look that gives the pictures their special touch.

Personally I love simplicity. Photography should not be about EV or focusing, just taking pictures.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even though I have run a few 35mm rolls through my Holgas, I prefer the square format.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I've tried the 35mm Holga and it's definitely a Holga...soft focus, corner vignetting, etc. Of course, the enlarged images look a little grainier because it's 35 & not 120. I personally prefer my standard Holgas, but I think that the 35 model could be a good way to introduce very young children to traditional photography...better than those cheapo wide-angle point & shoots that you can find anywhere & which have no personality whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i took the regular one and "fixed" it so it would let me use 35mm film which includes the rebate and a longer size as well.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey, it's dream like in 35mm you want, I have a 35mm pinhole kit lying around somewhere...haven't used it (or even assembled it) yet, but sounds like it'd be right up that alley.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Why not?

It's the look. If you want friggin fine art prints a holga is not for you. It's the dream like look that gives the pictures their special touch.

Personally I love simplicity. Photography should not be about EV or focusing, just taking pictures.
    Lighten up, will ya? I don't care for it, but some folks do. Use what works for you. If the OP wants one, he should get one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the 35mm has never looked as good as the 120 format for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin