Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,083   Online: 1171

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Art, aren't you asking that question every other month?
    Three threads merged.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    No one can get "hooked" on film if they don't try it. Lomo markets their products so well that many many people are trying film that would not otherwise. If you are a kid who has only taken pictures with your phone or digital point-n-shoot, you are not going to go to Freestyle and buy a Holga. But if you see one in Urban Outfitters, you just might.

A fraction of Holga buyers will shoot more than one roll. A fraction of those people will branch out and try other cameras and techniques. However small that fraction may be, it's more than would have without Lomo out there pumping it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The irony is that one moderator thinks the sites I have listed are Lomo marketing sites, and several are actually sites by Lomo 'haters'. Goes to show that a minority of vocal complaints speak louder than evidence. Too funny.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    People need to understand the difference. LOMO is an optical products company in Russia that made some funky little cameras. The Lomographic Society International are the people who overprice those funky little cameras. That said, their film deals are always pretty good.

I haven't used this in a long time, but here's my 'Lomohome': www.lomohomes.com/Minitar1

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

nov

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just wait a year and then we will all be able to buy cheap second hans LCA's! WOOO!
    I bought a schema 8 in poland for 5 bucks and in Sydney they sell them for 250! I bet I could be rich if i had a business from them..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Smenas are extremely common in Poland. A Polish guy I worked with was talking about his and was amazed at the prices people will pay for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    People need to understand the difference. LOMO is an optical products company in Russia that made some funky little cameras. The Lomographic Society International are the people who overprice those funky little cameras. That said, their film deals are always pretty good.

I haven't used this in a long time, but here's my 'Lomohome': www.lomohomes.com/Minitar1
    nice lomohome, especially enjoyed your web log entries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a write up on Lomo cameras in the Mail on Sunday a couple of weeks ago.Had ring flashes and all sorts??? i'll scan and post if you are interested.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ring flashes and most other accessories are products sourced cheaply by the Lomographic Society and then sold at extortionate prices. Only the LC-A, Smena and Lubitel are truly LOMO cameras.

Images
    For what it's worth, I know personally at least three young persons who shoot's with either holga, Lomo LCA or some other plastic camera bought from Lomographic Society. To the best of my knowledge they have each shot several rolls of film. For everything else they use their mobile phones. So thats about 10 rolls of film sold that would otherwise be gathering dust on some shelf. Considering the amount of Lomo related sites on the net there is a lot of film being shot. And I would hazard a guess that quite a lot of them are young enough to have grown up with digital cameras. I can't see them choosing a ”normal” film camera as complement to their mobile phone or digi compact. So if 10% continues to shoot film, maybe 10% of those will want to explore film with a ”normal” camera? Every little bit helps. Right?
    N O Mennescio
    Spatial Nihilist

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin