Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,383   Online: 912

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Off-topic, but bring back Kodachrome 25, make it available in 120 format, and i'll be shooting Kodachrome again!
    I dream of having Kodachrome 25 and 200 back. I just bought two rolls of Kodachrome 25 that have been frozen and expired at the end of '04 and I can't wait to shoot the!! I wasn't into Kodachrome much when they were around. I will hopefully get some 200 to try to, but I know that the colors shift quickly with 200. Unless someone else processes Kodachrome, I don't think we will ever see MF. Don't give up Kodachrome just because you can't get Kodachrome 25 in 120. The current Kodachrome 64 is great too! You can still get amazing prints from the 35mm Kodachrome!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    If you like spoons, and like to collect them, and like to do that 'on the cheap', why pay many tens times what a spoon would be worth?
    Because if people would pay everything for what it is worth, the entire fashion business will disappear overnight and it won't be the only one. Purchase choices are just that, choices. Personal choices, everybody is free to make what he/she believes are his good ones.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Phormula View Post
    Because if people would pay everything for what it is worth, the entire fashion business will disappear overnight and it won't be the only one. Purchase choices are just that, choices. Personal choices, everybody is free to make what he/she believes are his good ones.
    Sure.

But remember that in the simile, the exact same designer clothes can be had both for a true price (how overpriced that may be), and extremely overpriced (also compared to the true price).

It is a personal choice, yes.

What you do not address is that if your personal choice is to go for a "Lomography" overpriced Lomo or Lubitel, you might still think you are engaged in Lomography, but that you are definiteley not.

It is (to continue the fashion theme) like the factory worn, pre-ripped blue jeans that were (still are?) so popular.
    People want to show that they do not care for a slick, conformist, big bucks 'establishment' appearance, by buying a slick, conformist, big bucks, 'establishment' apearance.

Fashion. Indeed.
    Buy an overpriced "Lomography" Lomo or Lubitel, and you show yourself to be a misled fashion victim, oblivious of what the thing originally was about, but far too ready to state that you are part of it to see that, by doing so, you most definitely are not.

A personal choice?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I dream of having Kodachrome 25 and 200 back. I just bought two rolls of Kodachrome 25 that have been frozen and expired at the end of '04 and I can't wait to shoot the!! I wasn't into Kodachrome much when they were around. I will hopefully get some 200 to try to, but I know that the colors shift quickly with 200. Unless someone else processes Kodachrome, I don't think we will ever see MF. Don't give up Kodachrome just because you can't get Kodachrome 25 in 120. The current Kodachrome 64 is great too! You can still get amazing prints from the 35mm Kodachrome!
    I still keep two rolls of Kodachrome 25 in my freezer. As a museum piece, with backup. To have something to show to coming generations.
    If we shoot it all, it will be all gone soon. And we have to switch to something else anyway. So i just keep them frozen.

I (of course) have tried Kodachrome 64. But to me, it is not Kodachrome. Nowhere near Kodachrome 25. And i even liked Ektachrome 64 a lot better.
    Then came Ektachrome 100, which even gave Kodachrome 25 a run.
    Still, nothing can beat the colour of Kodachrome 25 (not the accuracy, but the character).

They made the wrong choice when they made a new Kodachrome to be released as roll film. We wanted Kodachrome 25.
    They made another wrong choice when they discontinued Kodachrome 25, and kept making Kodachrome 64.

Now, i do not use transparency film. It is B&W or colour negative. I don't project images, so slide film is of absolutely no use to me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin