Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,553   Online: 1195

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 100 series are cheap, reliable and relatively easy to use. I think I paid $10 for my model 100. The battery was a bit more expensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    In the UK the battery is sometimes known as PX19. It can still be got (with some persistence) eg http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/ where it sells for GBP 11.49 including postage. A bit cheaper if you buy two. In my experience their shelf life is not too brilliant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Stephanie,

There were two versions of the Polaroid 250 Automatic. One has a little better eye relief on the rangefinder than the other, though essentially they work the same. I have a 250 Automatic that I bought several years ago, with nearly every accessory, and it works great. Whatever battery you fit might end up being a lifetime battery, because these cameras use little battery power to operate. The close-up kit is a nice accessory to get, since you can get much tighter crops on people images by it allowing you to stand much closer to your subject. If you have a regular PC type flash sync cord, that will work in the Polaroid sync, just not with TTL control. The 350, 360 and 450 Automatic are similar, though use a different flash system.

Overall these are lots of fun, and allow you to learn a discipline of carefully selecting shots. This is excellent training for large format. I looked into Littmann and Razzle too, though decided I could do much better; so I am making my own ultra slim conversion with a four way movement adjustable front lens standard. This is possible because I have access to a milling machine and use to make custom parts for roadracing motorcycles; in other words, I don't really suggest trying to convert your own, even though it is possible. If you do get a Polaroid 250 Automatic, you might find that is more than enough; for the price you could always get another and load it with different film.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Old thread but the 250 is one of the best you can get with a good lens
    I sold a brand new one for $200.

664 film I just don't really like much. I have a 180 land and never use it because I just can't seem to get prints that I like using the film. Maybe I'll try color ..not sure if Fuji makes color instant. Probably.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not sure if the prices have changed since maybe... 6-8 months ago, but I purchased 2, Model 450s on eBay for $10 bucks (shipped!) and $20 bucks (shipped). The model 450 is a nice camera, but I have not tried any other models. I found a battery online for $12 dollars, which was more expensive than the camera itself!

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just posted some pice in my gallery from a polaroid colorpack II i got for $2. It's tiny and very light weight. The prints are sharper than those from my heavy 250.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just picked up a Model 320 for $0.99 plus $8 shipping. Needed a $0.99 battery holder to convert it to use AAA cells. That and a few minutes with pliers and soldering iron and it now works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since Polaroid is winding down their films and production, once supply dwindles Fuji will be the only choice. Currently they sell many more instant films in Japan than the rest of the world, though they are considering expanding their global offerings.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins...lms/index.html

The FP100C is a great colour instant film, with much better quality control than Polaroid. The colour is somewhat more saturated than type 669 and not quite as much as type 690. There is also a larger size available called FP100C45, though it will not work in the old Polaroid pack film cameras.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin