Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,093   Online: 933

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Fujifilm FI-800GT instant film usable in Kodak EK8 (?)

Hi, perhaps the following is of interest to instant shooters:

I have not tried this myself to confirm, but it appears that with some minor modifications Fujifilm FI-800GT instant film is usable in Kodak EK8 cameras.

The Fuji film is more sensitive than the Kodak camera wants it, so apparently a smaller aperture or ND filter is required.

Instructions on how to modify (in Japanese): http://island.geocities.jp/sihohigari/jp/tip/fi800.html

Fujifilm FI-800GT instant film is available only in Japan, but available via direct personal imports.

Regards

Dirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    But Dirk, I want 8x10 fp100b!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    For $20 a pack I assume?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Interesting. The Fuji instant technology is apparently based on the Kodak methods. For example, the film is exposed from behind, as in Kodak. This removes the need for a reversing mirror, a la the SX-70. This, and the integral battery, are two major reasons it would never be 'easy' for Fuji to replace SX-70 or 600 Polaroid film.

Shooter
    35mm
    The English translation for converting Fuji instant film to work in an EK-8 is here: http://island.geocities.jp/sihohigari/tip/fi800.html

I bought my EK-8 just before Kodak were forced to withdraw their films so I only ever got to put one film through it. Since then the camera has stayed in its box while I waited for it to become a collector's item. Being a rangefinder and made in Germany I thought that might happen but unfortunately it hasn't. So I'm tempted to order some Fuji instant film (when funds allow!). It can be got from here: http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/ and no doubt from elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but does anybody know how to power up one of these camera? I bought one today and want to order film for it. But it appears to have a flat battery. Any thoughts on this?
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    What I don't get is with The Impossible Project trying to get the Polaroid films back online, that Fuji would stop making the FI800GT films. I've used the case adjustment method and been able to shoot with Kodak EK2, Colorburst 50 and Kodamatic 960. The FI800GT film has (HAD) really great color, and I've gotten crisp images from the Kodamatic (plus it has an electric flash, no wasted bulbs!)

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a great shame, but I don't suppose they sold in great numbers, and Fuji seem to be pulling everything with low sales, even the Neopan 1600 35mm film. I never did get to try the Fuji film in my EK-8, as the film cost plus shipping from Japan was just so expensive. Not sure what to do with it, it's a fine camera but has no value.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin