Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,574   Online: 1095

Thread: Yashica MF-1

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yashica MF-1

Does anyone have an experience, info or manuals for the Yashica MF-1?

I got one that winds, fires, the meter works and the flash works. I'm shooting my first roll now.

My issue is that the shutter won't fire in anything less than daylight. I thought this camera would expose for as long as 30 seconds. The shutter button actually locks (won't depress all the way) in darker conditions. The ASA setting works, because the amount of light required does vary appropriately as the ASA changes from 25 to 500. It's acting kind of like "shutter priority", where the shutter stays at what sounds like 1/60, and the aperture varies with the light levels.

Any ideas?
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In another forum, someone posted that the shutter is limited between 1/60 and 1/360, which sounds right. Slower than that, and a light actually illuminates in the viewfinder, and the shutter locks.

I got my first test roll back, and it's not bad. But the lens on the Nikon L35AF3 seems better, and it has a good AF system. So I might stick with it. Or maybe load B&W in the Yashica, and shoot E100VS in the Nikon...
    Last edited by filmamigo; 07-19-2008 at 11:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My other camera is a Pentax

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin