Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,289   Posts: 1,535,372   Online: 788

Thread: DYI Woca

Shooter
    Large Format

DYI Woca

So I gave my Holga with glass lens (Woca) to a dear friend. Now I wish my remaining Holga had a glass lens too. However, I don't want to spend any money to buy a new Woca camera. That would be silly and wasteful.

I have all these 120 and 620 box cameras laying around. Can I just rip the meniscus lens out of one of them and install in the Holga? They are 'fixed focus' so perhaps they won't work? I need something that will have approximately the same focal length as the Woca lens so that the focusing points on the dial will remain the same.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would seem the obvious answer would be to use the 120/620 cameras box cameras you have lying around: it's the lens, right? And the box cameras already have the lens mounted the right distance from the film. What's to gain by moving the lens?
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using an old Target Six-20 Brownie. It is a 6x9 format, you have to respool 120 film onto a 620 spool for eight shots, but what a kick when others look at you wondering why you are using that "old camera". I have had a lot of success with that old camera. It has just a simple meniscus lens, an occasional light leak which i covered with gaffer's tape. A great ebay find for a buck and a half.!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin