Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,459   Online: 1099

Thread: Could it be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Could it be?

http://www.savepolaroid.com/news/pac...inues-in-march

(Notified of this by the AAPG mailing list)
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All they're doing is rebranding Fuji packfilm. Don't get too excited :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 125i does bear a striking resemblance to FP100C based on descriptions I've read but not sure if it is the "same" stuff. Or at least "same" enough to just re-label and put in the blue & red box.

I'd rather have 55, 59, 669 and 809 back before 125i, 664 and 667. Particularly 55 and 809.
    Last edited by rwyoung; 09-18-2008 at 04:37 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ps.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think everyone wants the larger format films more than peel-apart packfilms.

There is a discussion over on a Polaroid Flickr group that lists several clues the supplier is Fuji. 1) Fuji is already making the stuff. 2) Fuji's color film is a water-based emulsion, like Polaroid stated in the press release. 3) They kind of waffled on image transfers, which we know is more difficult with FP-100C than it is with 669. This is because Fuji uses water-based emulsion, versus Polaroid's which was based on Titanium, IIRC.

Hopefully at the least this will result in either lower prices for either Fuji or Polaroid variants (more production) or retail availability of Fuji's films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On another note, doesn't Fuji produce a large-format instant film? If so, does it not work with the older Polaroid holders that were produced long ago?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I have one and it works great. Since the Fuji version is on eternal back order with everyone, the old Polaroid ones are going for crazy prices on ebay. I decided to lend mine to a co-worker that is taking her first 4x5 class...I hope it survives!!

Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    On another note, doesn't Fuji produce a large-format instant film? If so, does it not work with the older Polaroid holders that were produced long ago?
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin