Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,858   Posts: 1,583,106   Online: 930

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New forum for Brownie (and similar camera) lovers

http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/br...r-cameras.html

I love my Brownie No. 2 (6x9 on 120 film), but I have had some questions about it that seemingly don't have a lot of answers. I also am very interested in seeing the work of members who shoot with these cameras, and perhaps finding a small network of people with whom to trade historical info, modifications/improvements, and parts or whole cameras.

I am having problems with mine right now, but hope to have it up and running again soon. The red window leaks light like a sieve, and the pressure spring that keeps the take up reel wound tightly has broken off.

I thought this might get some interest in the pinhole forum as well, but I don't want to double post.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/br...r-cameras.html

I love my Brownie No. 2 (6x9 on 120 film), but I have had some questions about it that seemingly don't have a lot of answers. I also am very interested in seeing the work of members who shoot with these cameras, and perhaps finding a small network of people with whom to trade historical info, modifications/improvements, and parts or whole cameras.

I am having problems with mine right now, but hope to have it up and running again soon. The red window leaks light like a sieve, and the pressure spring that keeps the take up reel wound tightly has broken off.

I thought this might get some interest in the pinhole forum as well, but I don't want to double post.
    I recently picked up a Brownie No.3A Folding Camera. It takes 122 size film. I am thinking of putting a mask in the back so that I can use it as a 120 panoramic camera. You might be able to fabricate a pressure spring to keep the film taut. Hard to say. There are a lot of good old Brownies out there, we just have to keep a watch for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I've been messing with is several old Brownie Hawkeye black boxes. Those shoot 6x6, not 6x9. So far I've just been tearing down the ones I've got to clean them and get them going.

For the Hawkeye's at least, the lens is a simple meniscus F=80mm f/16 (5mm aperture). I don't exactly know the shutter speed, but I've seen someone post 1/30 second. I have shot a few rolls metering for that, 1/30 at f/16, specifically a few rolls of PanF+ on a sunnny day and one of Delta 400 on a very gray overcast day.

The Delta 400 isn't developed yet, but the PanF+ that I developed for 25 ASA came out great. The roll I developed for 50 ASA came out a little dark. So I'm inclined to believe the 1/30 shutter speed report.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin