Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,588   Online: 918

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    www.toycamera.com states that October 18th is world toy camera day
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure it's a different date at LOMO too! LOL Competing interests and drama in the ToyCamera world, who would have thought?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's always been the 3rd Saturday in October which is the 18th this year... maybe confusion reigns due to different calendar layouts (my husband is always annoyed at my american-style calendar which has Sunday first rather than last)
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Come on Art, this is very important, get it right
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Ria

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Can some one direct me to the definition of "toy camera"? I did look, admittedly briefly, at the sites listed and didn't see it. Would any camera (ex Kodak Haweye) made out of plastic or bakelite qualify?
    Ria

P.S. As regards calendar layout: I have always felt it would make much more sense to have Saturday and Sunday together at the end of the week (weekend),
    particularly as one generally refers to Mondays as being the beginning of the week.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    i think the definition on toycamera.com is plastic lens and very limited (if any) exposure controls (aperture, shutterspeed etc). They weren't keen on my Ilford Sporti, though, even though it's very holga-like in its workings, it's got a glass lens so that somehow makes it not a toy...
    Last edited by Akki14; 10-10-2008 at 11:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Come on Art, this is very important, get it right
    I know, but I like popcorn too much.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format

Comment on Toy Camera definition

Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    i think the definition on toy-camera.com is plastic lens and very limited (if any) exposure controls (aperture, shutterspeed etc). They weren't keen on my Ilford Sporti, though, even though it's very holga-like in its workings, it's got a glass lens so that somehow makes it not a toy...
    Hello Heather, Your Ilford Sporti SHOULD be OK. The Holga varient known as the WOCA has a single element GLASS LENS and is acceptable. Also the Lubitel has 3 glass elements I THINK. It is mentioned as acceptable.

I personally FEEL that YOUR definition is the most correct. Plastic lens, limited if any exposure controls.
    Sam H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My interpretation of toy camera definition is;

A simple inexpensive mostly plastic camera with limited exposure and focusing controls.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Hotton View Post
    Hello Heather, Your Ilford Sporti SHOULD be OK. The Holga varient known as the WOCA has a single element GLASS LENS and is acceptable. Also the Lubitel has 3 glass elements I THINK. It is mentioned as acceptable.

I personally FEEL that YOUR definition is the most correct. Plastic lens, limited if any exposure controls.
    Sam H.
    Already had this debate on toycamera.com's forums. The vote on it was split 50/50 (also the Ilford Sporti has a metal body, but it's thin mass produced metal, not SLR quality to say the least). And the lens is too good and too sharp etc etc ad nauseum i just don't feel like aruging about it with them anymore to be perfectly honest. I'd possibly use it for an exchange on here but not there due to their radical die-hard definitions. I have a holga and a little bakelite box with a lens and shutter called a Valiant 620 which I can use if people are going to nitpick.
    Last edited by Akki14; 10-10-2008 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fixing url,oops.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin