Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,431   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It gives me a break from the careful setup and metering of my LF outfits, and just let me look for images. Its a nice break from routine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't use mine as much I should. The only thing I don't like is that they look kind of dumb and the shutter is loud. Also, the one I bought in the US takes rather normal-looking images
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I don't use mine as much I should. The only thing I don't like is that they look kind of dumb and the shutter is loud. Also, the one I bought in the US takes rather normal-looking images
    Does your's take 6x6 or 6x4.5 negatives? With the 6x4.5 mask in, the pictures are rather normal looking because the lens is suppose to be pretty much okay for that negative coverage. Make it a little bigger and you get more of the lens fringe covering.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot it without the mask thingy, so 6x6. I've heard that the Holgas sold in Japan feature more light leaks and "issues" than US-marketed ones. Can't say it's a fact, however.
    Those who know, shoot film

Polybun
    Have you ever seen a holga burn! That alone is reason enough to keep buying them!

anger me holga, anger me, i dare you! I f-ing dare you!

actually its because I'm a clutz and having at least one camera that i can actually afford to replace at any given time is some piece of mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like them because they distract people from all the really cool point and shoots so I can get them for next to nothing.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I like them because they distract people from all the really cool point and shoots so I can get them for next to nothing.
    Not all of us, I kind of enjoy my AF35ML.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry to be a wet duck, but I don't like Holgas at all. Nor Dianas. Nothing exciting about the soft look of either of these cameras. I do, however, like zone plate a lot.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I like it because its a change from my auto, high speed, all metal camera.
    The lens gives a interesting effect that works well with many photos, especially nature, night, and building photos. Its light, and cheap [though the price has gone up $7 from the time I bought mine] and is fun to use!

How about you guys?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

You say the Holga shutter is loud? Well, it is going to really need to be doing something to equal my very early Minolta SLR cameras. The "clank-vszzzzzt-flock" of my old Minolta SR-1b told everyone around me that I had just set it off. The early Bronica people might have something to say here also.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the images. It is one of the cameras I use for creating Krappy Kamera Competition images. Mine got packed and put in storage by mistake, so I bought a Diana + to replace it until it is rediscovered. I took it on a cruise with me recently (the Diana) and a fellow look at it an said he initially thought it was a Leica. Well, not exactly, but then I guess in the right hands . . . Bill Barber

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin