Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,629   Online: 1117

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kanomatic camera.

Passed by my local Sally Ann early this morning and spied a hard cased camera system through the window.All I could make out was the name Kanomatic.A quick web search turned up very little.
    Is it worth going back for a look during their business hours?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen Canomatics

They are dodgy fake SLR's with fixed focus cheap & nasty lenses, there are numerous models and most names ape well known camera manufacturers.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ian.
    Had a feeling it was.A friend of mine bought an "Olympia" for her daughter.Talk about a disappointment when she showed me the "great deal" purchased on ebay.
    "If it looks too good to be true..........................

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, you mean like these here:

http://www.kameramuseum.de/canomatic/index.htm

Speculation on "another network" concluded that these were roughly the quality of a drug store P&S disposable camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great link dmr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way,the "camera outfit" was priced at 50 bones.

Shooter
    35mm
    You see some of these being sold on ebay as "professional" cameras, often at ridiculous prices. Fortunately they rarely get buyers. I did read some years ago that the ones that look vaguely like a SLR have a lump of stone in them to make them feel heavier and "professional"! This may not be true I hasten to add!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No, it's not a lump of stone, it's two lumps of lead (yes actual lead, scratches with a finger nail). I bought one off of ebay which was very seriously being touted as TOY camera although it somehow had a price sticker of £149.99 on it (hahahah!). I paid £8 for the whole deal, I've found the flash is actually quite useful and the bag was very useful for about a year before one of the straps that held half the plastic clip fell off from loose stitching. I recently tore apart the camera because it was so frustrating to use. It was suppose to autowind but tried eating film and it was suppose to rewind but you didn't know when it had finished and I lost some frames from opening the back too soon. I like toy cameras but one's this bad needed to be ripped to pieces gleefully... That's when I found the lumps of lead. I still have them, I should photo them
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin