Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,526   Online: 1001

Shooter
    35mm

Polaroid 420 mod?

Anybody here ever try to turn the lens around on one of these babies? I got one for 10 bucks, and I'm feelin kinda itchy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not terribly difficult to get to the lens, though I've never actually turned it around. If you figure it out, please let me know. I have a 320 that I wouldn't mind doing this to.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sorry -- what's the point of so doing? Macro work? I've hacked old Polaroids to put on new lenses, but never just reversed a lens. I'm willing to learn...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I mounted a Schneider 100mm Componon on one. Incredible quality. I have never heard of turning the lens around though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Sorry -- what's the point of so doing? Macro work? I've hacked old Polaroids to put on new lenses, but never just reversed a lens. I'm willing to learn...
    It depends on the structure of the lens, and how many elements, and if I remove, or reverse one of them. Very interesting focus effects other than macro could (possibly) be achieved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If this camera is a plastic-lensed model, there is only a two element. Take off the plastic area in front of the bellows (there should be screws in the back of that section). I'm pretty sure they're not the Holga-esque lenses that looks like )). (forget the name for that type), they're a () style.

If it's glass, I'm stumped. They're three element.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin