Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,705   Online: 924

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35mm Toy Camera

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

35mm Toy Camera

Reading about this new 35mm TTL toy camera, I thought, is there another one that is designed for 35mm film but smaller, like a toy RF? I am not talking about modified Holgas and such, but an actual small 35mm toy camera to put in my pocket and snap around. 120 cameras are too big.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your local dollar store should have something suitable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you like wide-angle photography, I would recommend the Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim. Otherwise, I use my Smena 8M, which, by the way, was my first camera at the age of 7. You can buy either camera for the the price of a roll of film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Your local dollar store should have something suitable.
    From what I know, local stores don't trade in dollars around here. And anyway, no, they don't carry cameras. Which cameras were you thinking about anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by aparat View Post
    If you like wide-angle photography, I would recommend the Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim. Otherwise, I use my Smena 8M, which, by the way, was my first camera at the age of 7. You can buy either camera for the the price of a roll of film.
    I found the Smena 8M on ebay and will try to get a good price for it. I see it goes from 10 to 50 US dollars.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been thinking about getting a LOMO fisheye camera...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Fisheye 2. The rewind lever broke off after 3 rolls
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find the Smena (Smegma?) 8 has a rather too good a triplet lens for 'toy camera' pictures. The one trait I found it has in common with the Diana is that is disintegrates in your hands: the plastic's strength is as if the camera had been carved from soap. The Smena Symbol is supposed to be better built.

A cheap disposable camera would be the common 'toy' 35mm. Buy the crapiest you can, some of the Kodaks have actual 2-element achromats for lenses, so watch out for lurking quality.

They also make cheap 35mm reloadable cameras in the US: "Barbie Cam", "French Fry Cams", etc., http://www.merrillphoto.com/JunkStoreCameras.htm for more info.

I would go to a toy store to look for them. Here they also show up at thrift stores run by charitable organizations, I don't know if these stores exist in Greece.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I find the Smena (Smegma?) 8 has a rather too good a triplet lens for 'toy camera' pictures. The one trait I found it has in common with the Diana is that is disintegrates in your hands: the plastic's strength is as if the camera had been carved from soap. The Smena Symbol is supposed to be better built.

A Polish guy I work with pronounces it shmenka. He says everyone in Poland has or had one.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have an ansco film camera, cost about 10 bucks on ebay. small, plastic and takes fairly good images if i point it in the right direction.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been looking a the Smenas in EBay and they come in a variety of prices.
    Considering it is probably worth just some pocket change, what would be a good price for it?
    The cheapest I find is something ten bucks for the camera and twenty for the shipping...
    Or maybe I should move up and get a Rollei 35...
    www.arigram.gr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin