Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,472   Online: 1059

Shooter
    35mm

Unkown film in Stater pack

The other day i entered the world of holga by purchasing a starter pack. I've shot the roll inside but I'm not sure if its slide, colour neg or black and white neg. it was in red packaging with no writing on the outside. the film itself has a black paper backing. any ideas on what film this may be??

gosh my spelling is bad, title should read - Unknown Film in Starter pack

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It normally says on the label at the beginning or end, on the little paper band.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    niiiice..."What the hell is it?" is right in line with the Holga tradition. Darned if I know. I would probably assume black and white. What you can do is cut off a tiny strip (in the dark, of course), roll it back up again, and take a look at the strip. It is not likely transparency film, as there probably just aren't any lousy ones made in 120. Likely b/w or maybe C-41, and you will be able to tell those two apart by the color of the emulsion.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The strange thing is, I can only think of Lucky Film (B&W) that is wrapped in red ... but its backing paper was white. The only stuff that has black backing paper (with very crappy stamped white ink markings) is Foma 120 as far as I'm aware...Unless Lucky has changed its backing paper, which they could have done.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could be Shanghai GP3...did it look like this? http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat120.htm
    Only film I've used with Red wrapper and black backing paper. If so, it's black and white, and actually pretty decent stuff really. Curly, but decent.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin