Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,398   Online: 1169

Thread: Holga/Flash?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Holga/Flash?

Hello All,
    Is anyone using a seperate flash with their Holga? If yes what brand of flash are you using?
    thanks
    Arthur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I use a Vivitar 283. I put a hotshoe-to-PC socket converter on the Holga and connect my Vivitar 283 mounted on a flash bracket with a PC cord. It works quite well, of course I made both of my apertures, so I can calculate proper flash exposure assuming that the shutter speed is approximately 1/125 s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Would it be possible to see a picture of your set up?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a regular Canon flash & I set the flash output using a flash meter assuming F/8 & whatever the film ISO & distance were. Good results.
    I've also used Holga to fire multiple studio flash heads using a hot shoe adapter that has a PC socket. That also worked well.
    The one thing to know is that the Holga shutter fires the flash twice, first when the lever goes down & again when it comes up. The second flash doesn't expose as the shutter is already closed but it is distracting.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've used an ebay wireless flash trigger to fire several vivitar 285's - it works very well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks,
    Would the Vivitar for sale on Apug work? Please check classifieds.
    Arthur

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just use one of my nikon flashes. It works and I don't have to buy a separate flash for the holga then.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks

Polybun
    Umm, you realize the holga hot shoe is nothing special right? It is just a normal old hot shoe, anything will work. That said, I have a bar with a pair of vivitar 283s on it. I use this setup on just about everything. They both have vari power modules on them, so on the holga I just dial them back to an F8 exposure.

Ummmmm, do you know how to guide numbers even?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    Would it be possible to see a picture of your set up?
    Thanks
    Sure, it looks pretty impressive. I can get a picture this weekend, either my friend took one and has it developed from some time ago, or we can fish out a digital camera. I should keep a copy of it anyway. : )

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin