Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,389   Online: 660

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holga 6x12

Polybun

Holga 6x12

Holga 6x12 pin hole. anyone have one yet? I saw them in at blue moon here in portland, thinking about picking one up. First thing to go will be the spring on the shutter. what a dumb idea, a return spring on a shutter with no cord connector! I'll be damned if i'm going to stand there and hold it open for 6 minutes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered one from Freestyle which arrived earlier this week. Haven't run any film through it yet. A simple cable release threads into the body, so you don't actually have to hold the shutter button down.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    I ordered one from Freestyle which arrived earlier this week. Haven't run any film through it yet. A simple cable release threads into the body, so you don't actually have to hold the shutter button down.
    Does it? I guess my look really was too quick then. It was just a quick glance while they told me they had already sold out of Ektar 100. (some one came in and purchased all 20 rolls they had ordered.)

I think I may pick one up on monday, slap in a roll of fujichrome and do it all wrong.
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 11-21-2008 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: let's keep it clean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go nuts!
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Go nuts!
    I figured you would say go bananas.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybun View Post
    I figured you would say go bananas.
    Too cliche.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just received my first roll of film done with the Holga WPC 120. Apparently one should read the instructions carefully, as I did not advance the film to the odd numbers only. The result is a very long strip of properly exposed shots with no spacing (in fact quite a bit of overlap). Now, how to print a complete strip of film?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I do that with a regular Holga. I contact print them onto strips of photo paper. then decide where to cut. Its fun!
    Anne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one and I love it. There is indeed a thread for a cable release which I find pretty much essential for pinhole work. The little bubble level on the tob is a nice touch though I certainly take it with a grain of salt.

All around a fun camera to play with. I really enjoy the wide angle in combination with the long 6x12 format.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I wonder if anyone can help - I can't find the instructions that came with mine and *thought* I was counting the numbers in the window correctly (only winding to the odd numbers with the pointer to '12' instead of '16')... except, that as I was using the 6 x 12 mask, all my negs have come back overlapping.

Does anyone know how to avoid overlapping shots using the 6x12 mask? Should I point the window to '16' and count every 3 frames through the red window?

Many Thanks for any help!

Julius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin