Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,675   Online: 1082

Shooter
    35mm

Meikai FC "toy" camera

Hi
    I tried a Meikai FC camera (before and after foam seal replacing); this is one of a series of Japanese cameras that were offered to customers at gas stations or sold at toy shops; some of them were made by order from some companies, with their logos, to be distributed as gifts.
    I don't know too much about this camera (the maker was a respected camera developer since the thirties, in Japan). Recent models are all-plastic and made in China...
    Pictures of the camera and some photos here (before and after repairing the lightleaks). Note: some associated advertisements in this website are noisy, turnig off the sound is recommended
    http://public.fotki.com/BlueWind/meikai-fc-camera/
    All the information on these cameras is welcome
    Cheers
    Joao

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see these cameras at thrift stores all the time with various names. They usually are non-functioning with broken shutter release or the gears stripped on the film winder. I actually found a working one a few days ago for 50 cents. I will put a roll of HP5 or neopan 1600 through it and see what comes out.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin