Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,060   Posts: 1,561,626   Online: 995

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Diameter lens in Polaroid Alpha sx70

I am eagerly waiting for such camera from an ebay auction.
    I have in mind to adapt some amber filters to it and I was wondering what is the lens diameter for it.
    I have always liked colors with a bit of warming them and this would help in the difference of calibration of the camera compared to the 600 film and plus, I also have always liked Polaroid colors a bit overexposed.
    Thank you in advance
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Domenico, the actual lens diameter is about 16mm. Anything larger than that stuck to the front wouldn't let you focus since the lens sits inside the camera face. I think someone made magnetic type filter holders for these. FYI, the lens/camera specs I have are: 116mm f8-22, 4 elements, minimum focus 10.4", shutter speeds 1/175 to 10 seconds. Good luck, I've still got a good stash of 600 that I've been pushing through mine.

vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Is that you, Vinny?
    Good to see you here. :-)

I have been looking at pictures made with Polaroids on Flicker all evening and it seems that overexposing that much it doesn't work in all the pictures.
    In some images where you have a light wall or something light I prefer to overexpose of 2 or3 stops, but in other occasions it's better to treat the film the way it wants to be treated.
    I can't wait ...
    Where do you buy the film?
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, it's me. I haven't seen you over on LF, what gives?
    I had someone in Michigan buy me the film at Sam's club or Costco right after polaroid made the announcment. That's by far the cheapest place and they sold 4 box packs. I taped a piece of nd6 gel to the packs at first to control exposure. I'm now using a piece over the lens since the larger piece got pretty scratched up when inserting/removing the packs from the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sx70-carport-lot.jpg   sx70-next-door-wall&flwrs.jpg  
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin