Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,872   Online: 1148

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Do you have a Fuji PA-45 film holder? I have a question for you.

I'm drawing up plans for a 4x5 wooden pinhole camera my cousin is building for me (we're bartering that for my design of his woodworking website).

I want to design it so it can accept regular 4x5 film holders AND the Fuji PA-45 for their medium format instant pack film. I have regular film holders here I can measure, but am not yet the proud owner of one of these newfangled $200 Fuji backs.

If you have one, could you do me a huge favor and measure it for me? Height, width, depth and anything else I should know about. I'm drawing the plans with mm, but any measurements (inches, cm, whatever) are fine.

THANKS!
    annie
    (aka cordeliaflyte)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Annie, I have a PA-45 film holder. Here are its measurements:
    height: 26.5 mm
    width: 120 mm
    length: kind of hard to say. The bottom piece extends about 170mm from the raised portion containing the rollers, the top piece extends about 182mm. The entire length (including the roller compartment) is about 218mm.
    Hope this helps!
    Regards, Hal
    Last edited by hal9000; 12-29-2008 at 05:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Annie, I just checked the manual I have for the PA-45 holder, here are the specifications as listed therein:
    Picture size: 8.9 x 11.8 cm
    Focal plane: 4.75 mm from mounting surface
    Dimensions: 51 x 227 x 144 mm (H x L x W).
    The indicated height includes the roller compartment of course.
    Regards,
    Hal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, HAL 9000;

(1.) I like your chosen name. I still miss Frank, but what Dave accomplished was impressive.

(2.) Thank you for the dimensions. I might be able to get one of the PA-45 holders here.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin