Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,990   Posts: 1,633,078   Online: 828

Shooter
    Medium Format

Holga Stereo Camera

Has anyone heard of this?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/194120...-Stereo-Camera

I have to admit I'm geeking out about this a little bit. Stereo photography is something I've always wanted to try but medium format stereo cameras always go for big bucks on ebay. It seems they are also making a pinhole version as well, which could be interesting given the pinhole's natural long depth of field.

Does anyone have any useful or interesting stereo photography links to share? I think with the invention of a stereo holga I may finally take the plunge and give this sub-genre of photography a try!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try buying a Sputnik. I got mine for $160 and spend $40 modding it to take very very nice photos.

The problem with the Stereo Holga is that, in stereo photography, you want crisp images with complete depth of field and no visible distortion. In 3D photography, distortion, grain, bokeh, etc are very distracting and create a lot of stress for the visual system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I've heard of it, but I'm with derick...the Sputniks are pretty reasonable...and at least you are getting what you pay for with them...the Holga's aren't much less and you're paying for a pretty low quality (let's admit it - I love them too, but be honest with yourself) piece of equipment with a lousy resale value.

GO SPUTNIK GO for affordable stereo photography.
    $0.02
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin