Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,681   Online: 739

Shooter
    35mm

Polaroid 103 focussing problems

A relative came across a Polaroid 103 a few weeks ago; not knowing what to do with it, I inherited it. However, after doing a few test snaps with Fuji FP100 and a 123 battery, I find that the rangefinder doesn't seem to be calibrated properly. That is, I focus and take the picture, but each one comes out completely blurry, too much so to be caused by shaking. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? I am not much of a Polaroid user, and so don't really know what sort of things to look out for. Perhaps the film pack wasn't inserted properly/on the right plane?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An out-of-focus hallway.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Did you pull the bellows/front part out all the way until it clicks? I didn't really know that so I kept wondering the same thing... Until my husband opened it up and made sure it clicked in place and said it was fine.
    Also, unless you set it on a flat surface, you're shooting at ISO100 handheld with the 103.. it's actually a bit difficult to do in an interior shot like you've posted.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    That would do it...I didn't even notice that the bellows could be extended so far, and didn't want to damage them. Thanks for the tip!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin