Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,534   Online: 1051

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Contax "Preview" Polaroid camera/device -- worthwhile?

I could pick up a Contax "Preview" body/finder around $200 locally; I've already got a number of Contax SLR lenses. I've also got about 14 packs of 665 P/N film, but perhaps it's smarter to shoot that in my Polaroid 190.

In short, can anyone think of any good reason why I should buy the Preview? It only gives 24X36mm images on Polaroid pack film, which is a waste of good emulsion space, but it's kind of neat to be able to make Polaroid pictures using all the various Contax lenses.

I suspect that I'm just falling prey to GAS. Any thoughts one way or another?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I think you are falling prey to gear acquisition syndrome.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    <hands up> (please don't shoot)

Do you have a cell phone? Shoot your subject first. Look at it and make necessary adjustments. Or you could do the Polaroid thing. However, could free up that scalding money to burn through to something else.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good god, don't waste the 665 on small frames. Use Fuji fp100c for that.

N.b. this may be blasphemy to some, but when shooting LF slide, I sometimes use a dslr as a matrix colour meter/ fancy histogrammer / previewer. I get 3" digiroids and make my adjustments accordingly.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Keith,

You are right..... with the demise of Polaroid we have to preserve what is left and use other methodes to get "roids" like you described.
    I went that route too.

Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin