Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,010   Online: 775

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Konica Instant Press Plastic or Metal?

Hi,
    If anyone here has hands on experience with a Konica Instant Press camera, I'd like to know if is made of mostly plastic or metal. Is is a robust camera or kind of junky. Is it at least metal on the moving focus bed parts. I guess I'm wondering about how easy it is to break or will it hold up to being used.
    thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is plastic, not nearly as well made as a Polaroid 180 or a 110a conversion. You also cannot get closeup lenses for it like you can with the Polaroids.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you for the information. Part of the problem with buying over the web is that you don't get any firsthand experience with many of the cameras. You don't find out what its really like until it arrives at your door.
    I don't expect a "polaroid" camera to be a precision device, built like a tank, but I must admit I do like things to be ae least sort of well made.
    Maybe a Polaroid 180 is a better idea or a NPC 195.
    thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format

konica instant

the instant press is a lovely camera.
    it is a mix of metal and plastic. the build quality is excellent.
    i purchased mine from a film cameraman,who was given one as a gift from
    terence donovan the famous photographer.
    it was used all through the 80's and 90's and i now have the beauty.
    the lens is very special and the camera is working great even though i have smacked it around a little.
    i also have a converted polaroid 110a,which is very solid.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I agree with Alan...the Instant Press is a *very* well made camera. The plastics involved are very substantial & certainly do not give the camera a "plastic-y" feel. This is a tough, high performance piece of kit. The 110mm f/4 Hexanon lens is brilliant...and, it focuses down to a little over 2 feet. The viewfinder is also great. If you ever get a chance to compare viewfinders between it & the 110a or 110b, do so.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin