Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,549   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    I wish them the best, but at more than twice the price of the original Polaroid, no Medium Format Film being made, or LF, and Fuji still making perfectly-good Polaroid-type materials at a competitive price, this company is clearly not in touch with reality. . .
    I tend to agree.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I dearly hope they succeed.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never really been a Polaroid user ... but I wish them the best of luck

I'm wondering when their film comes to market, how expensive it will be.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It can't be much more expensive than polaroid is now. I remember the good ol' days in 2004 when it was $10 a pack! I just ordered a pack and stuck it in the fridge for a rainy day. I hope I'll never need it!

There are more polaroid cameras out there than blades of grass in my backyard. Without film there are now that many useless cameras.

Has anyone seen polaroid's new camera? It's a digital P&S with a thermal printer built in. It's not polaroid, but it sure is cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I have seen it. My sister made the stupid mistake of buying one! The quality sucks!!! I won't buy one. I think it is neat, but I won't buy "Polaroid" ( I can't believe they have the nerve to slap this name of TV and other shit!!!) because I want them to realize that it was a mistake to get rid of their film. I know this won't really work though.....After the company was sold, it all went down hill. There is a former Polaroid plant 10 min from my house. I have only driven by it once as it is pretty far off of the main road. They converted the equipment to making "film thin" solar panels. I think that is a beautiful idea, but I would rather see film rolling out.............
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh. Oh well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I've never really been a Polaroid user ... but I wish them the best of luck

I'm wondering when their film comes to market, how expensive it will be.

I remember my Father using a "snapshot" Polaroid model in the 1960's, so, if only for nostalgia, I, too, wish them luck. The problems which I see are those of R&D within a reasonable time (and a year passes very quickly!), and then the very limited market...there are always passionate enthusiasts (me included) for unusual and old processes , but the price is still a limited factor for anyone. And I can't see Joe Public digging his (or his Dad's) old polaroid out of the attic now.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Has anyone seen polaroid's new camera? It's a digital P&S with a thermal printer built in. It's not polaroid, but it sure is cool.
    Can it produce a print in 20 seconds? The whole point of Polaroid, with me, is to be friggin' fast, quick, and easy.

Sorry, keep forgetting that about 90% of people on this forum are burned-out IT guys who hate their jobs, not people that actually try to use this stuff on the professional level. . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Oh. Oh well.
    Sorry if I came off a little harsh. I just realled loved Polaroid. I know that I can still get Fuji, but it feels diffrent. My grandfather died of cancer when I was young and some of my fondest memories of him are when he would shoot pictures of me with his Polaroid. It is just one of those things that have been there all of my life and it is tough to see it go away.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Sorry if I came off a little harsh. I just realled loved Polaroid. I know that I can still get Fuji, but it feels diffrent. My grandfather died of cancer when I was young and some of my fondest memories of him are when he would shoot pictures of me with his Polaroid. It is just one of those things that have been there all of my life and it is tough to see it go away.
    OK, so get a Fuji Instax or Instax Mini and keep shooting. You can gripe all you want about it not "really" being Polaroid, and there is a subtle difference between the 100- color films. But, frankly, the Fuji 3000 is better. . .

As for some of the consumer crap they were making. Good riddance.

Too bad though that Fuji doesn't make some of the Spectra stuff. Poor law enforcement guys still shooting Polaroids gotta buy all new cameras.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin