Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,736   Online: 916

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Polaroid Impossible project; interview with the director and other media reports

Hi everyone,
    I just found this article and thought you all might be interested. It's an interview with Dr. Kaps about the project and the plans for the next year.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguid...387dd148bb9dee

Best, Laura

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Dangit. Someone beat me to it. Oh well.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    The have ONE YEAR of funding to develop an entirely new film? Are they CRAZY?????

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    it is called the "impossible project."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh yeah. Good point.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thats crazy. It's also interesting that the Polaroid stopped making the negative 2.5 years ago, long before the announcement.

I wish them the best, but at more than twice the price of the original Polaroid, no Medium Format Film being made, or LF, and Fuji still making perfectly-good Polaroid-type materials at a competitive price, this company is clearly not in touch with reality. . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you notice that the original SX-70 formula was from the 70s? It is going to be hard to produce that on most modern equipment I think. IDK for sure, but this surely is "the Impossible Project".

I wish them good luck.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Did you notice that the original SX-70 formula was from the 70s? It is going to be hard to produce that on most modern equipment I think. IDK for sure, but this surely is "the Impossible Project".

I wish them good luck.

PE
    The way I understand all the things I have read about "The Impossible Project" is that they are NOT going to try to exactly duplicate the original film, rather they are going to try to develop a product using current technology that will work in the Polaroid cameras. Since they have Ilford as a "partner" of sorts, they do have access to modern emulsion design and manufacturing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    The way I understand all the things I have read about "The Impossible Project" is that they are NOT going to try to exactly duplicate the original film, rather they are going to try to develop a product using current technology that will work in the Polaroid cameras. Since they have Ilford as a "partner" of sorts, they do have access to modern emulsion design and manufacturing.
    Of course, that was posted above! And, that is even harder, believe me.

Even with backup, it took us up to 5 years to get a new product off the ground.

PE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin