Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,181   Online: 1144

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    kraker

you want to search ebay for a seller " xkaes "
    he is the guy from the sub club and he sells nice film slitters.
    Thanks.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Having printed a lot of 110, I can honestly say there is no point in shooting it other than a nostalgia trip or something.

Embarassed to say that some of my baby negatives were on 110. I yelled at my parents when I found that out. . . ;-)

IDK, even if it were cut from some slow slow film, you're stretching anything over a 5x7" print from it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only shoot it for the nostalgia. Maybe if we still had Kodachrome in 110, we could go larger than 5X7. I have heard of Kodachrome being made into an 11X14 from Kodachrome....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen a shot from disk print film blown up effectively to 30x40 - but it received some very special treatment as it was being used as a focal point for a surprise retirement party for a Kodak employee retiring after 50 years of service.

He was wearing a Kodak cap and a Kodak shirt in the photo, and for many years in western Canada he was known as Mr. Kodak.

Matt

P.S. this was long before digital

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have been reloading 16mm film into 110 cartridges for my Pentax 110. It needs perforations to work properly, but only on one edge, so single perf film (1R) is the type to get. I'd agree that there probably isn't much point using 110 for colour, but B&W is different. Just like the Holgas and Dianas you get "a look" that is different and can be used to your advantage. Rather than using Plus-X and fine grain developer I have been loading Tri-X and "embracing the grain". Once you learn how to crack open the cartridges it is a fairly easy task to reload them and they can be held together with sticky tape. 16mm has three times as many perforations as 110 so the Auto 110 has to be wound three times for every frame. The film only advances a little way but you need to do the full stroke to cock the shutter. I then fire it (with a lens cap on of course) and then repeat until I get to the next frame. Every so often I will wind again if it looks like it isn't lining up properly with numbers.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen Fuji 110 film recently too, and Ferrania are still making it (available in the US from The Frugal Photographer, and no doubt elsewhere). In Japan the Fuji is available from this source (& they do international mail order):

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/i...e5077327c71873

Shooter
    Multi Format
    110 can be as perfect as 4x5 or 35mm or any other format.
    the lenses for my pentax auto 110 are as good as any other pentax kmount lenses
    i own. i have gotten some pretty good results ...

some of them are in my online apug portfolio
    and in my gallery ...

glad i could help kraker!

john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    ...my Pentax 110. It needs perforations to work properly...
    Paul,

Have you read this Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/markhahn2000/110_reload.htm?

He sez, among other things, "One thing that you do have to remember is that factory loaded film is perforated to control the frame spacing and many cameras require these perforations to work correctly, but fortunately for us, most of the best 110 cameras do not require these perforations; notably Pentax 110 SLR's, Rollei A/E110's as well as the huge Minolta 110 SLR's (more details can be found at www.subclub.org). While these cameras will work without the perforations the frame spacing will not be perfect and you will probably only get 22 exposures out of a 24 exposure cartridge, but in my mind, this is really a small price to pay when it brings the joy of shooting B&W in one of these small wonders."

He could be wrong, but thought I'd give you the link in case you had not read it. Slitting film, or using non-perfed 16mm film (if you can find it...try here: http://www.subclub.org/sponsors/goathil3.htm) might save you some hassle if he is correct.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-06-2009 at 09:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone might want to tell UO because they started selling these little things last year. Basically it's a plastic lens and the 110 cartridge is the rest of the camera.
    Now they releases the fisheye version
    The Flash
    And get this, The "Secret Book"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    Someone might want to tell UO because they started selling these little things last year. Basically it's a plastic lens and the 110 cartridge is the rest of the camera.
    Now they releases the fisheye version
    The Flash
    And get this, The "Secret Book"

that is a pretty cool little device!
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin