Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,708   Online: 777

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Packfilm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Sadly, I just ordered my first packs of Fuji Film. I wonder how I will like them compaired to Polaroid....
    If you like good quality photographs with remotely natural colour rendition, you'll like the considerably better than Polaroid's!
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    I use polaroid on my crown grapich. But can i use Fuji 4x5" packfilm in the Polaholder?
    To use the Fuji 4x5 pack films (such as FP-100B45, FP-100C45, etc), you'll need a 4x5 packfilm holder like the Polaroid 550 or Fuji PA-45. The 545/545i/545pro only work with sheet films. I've used a Fuji PA-45 on my Super Graphic & it works just fine.

Also - you can use the Polaroid 405 or Fuji PA-145 holders on 4x5 cameras...they use the 600 series packfilms (like Pola. 665, 667, 690, Fuji FP-100C, etc.)

-k
    www.kerrymcclain.com
    Last edited by KerryMcClain; 05-11-2009 at 07:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love Polaroid for its colors. The 690 was just right for me. I also shot the occasional 669. Polaroid made some amazing black and white material too!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The color on Fujiroids is very nice. Don't underexpose though. You might leave your camera set at ASA 80.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All three of my Land Camera's only have 75 and 3000 speed settings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got my hands on some of the FP-100C and FP-100B and I have shot some of the FP-100B. I must admit that I am happy with the results from the green boxes...much better than I thought Fuji could ever do. It has it's place. I still love the Polaroid films, and if they were both still available I would still use primarily Polaroid but I still would use the occasional Fuji. I wonder how I will like the color. Has anyone used the FP-3000B. I never used the Polaroid version. I would love to have a 3000 speed film to be able to shoot indoors since there is really know good way to have a flash with these older cameras. I wrote to Fuji to see if there was going to ever be a chance of them producing a packfilm camera. I would love to have one with a modern flash options. I really love the Polaroid, but some of them are starting to get too old for some people(not me )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the only downside is that the paper is sort of lightweight compaired to the Polaroid.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wrote to Fuji to see if there was going to ever be a chance of them producing a packfilm camera. I would love to have one with a modern flash options. I really love the Polaroid, but some of them are starting to get too old for some people(not me )
    Both Fuji and Konica-Minolta produced pack-film cameras aimed at the news gathering market. While not current cameras, I believe they were both "new" enough to have modern flash capabilities.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Has anyone used the FP-3000B. I never used the Polaroid version. I would love to have a 3000 speed film to be able to shoot indoors since there is really know good way to have a flash with these older cameras.
    I used the 3200 ASA film a lot before even trying the 100ASA. I really like it and I am perfectly happy with it. While you can see it not as sharp as the 100, it rather good at the 3x4 size. After useing a fair amount of both, I buy more of the 3200. Great film.

As far as camera, I got a Polaroid 195 because I wanted the higher quality lens and full manual control from f3.5 to f45 and a shutter (forget make and to lazy to go look) from Bulb to 1/500. I put a Zeiss range finder and back from a 250. The Zeiss finder is much better than the Polaroid and the back on the 250 does not have the built in timer makeing it much more sleek and clean lines.

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just got my hands on some of the FP-100C and FP-100B and I have shot some of the FP-100B. I must admit that I am happy with the results from the green boxes...much better than I thought Fuji could ever do. It has it's place. I still love the Polaroid films, and if they were both still available I would still use primarily Polaroid but I still would use the occasional Fuji. I wonder how I will like the color. Has anyone used the FP-3000B. I never used the Polaroid version. I would love to have a 3000 speed film to be able to shoot indoors since there is really know good way to have a flash with these older cameras. I wrote to Fuji to see if there was going to ever be a chance of them producing a packfilm camera. I would love to have one with a modern flash options. I really love the Polaroid, but some of them are starting to get too old for some people(not me )

Ektagraphic, if you go to www.flashbulbs.com they have an option for using an electronic flash on Polaroid cameras that adapts into the flash bar slot. I know they have it working well for the SX-70, it might be worth a look to see if it will work on your cameras too.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin