Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,546   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Brownee Hawkeye with reversed lens

I was intriqued with some of the images produced with these cameras, so I went shopping on eBay. Found a nice one with the original box and instructions and propmptly set about cleaning it and taking it apart (looked like someone might have spilled a sweet adult beverage on it.) It cleaned up nice and was easy to take apart. I probably did a much better job than needed as it really wasn't important to have the viewing lens super clean. I loaded it up with a roll of 120 and set out to run it through its paces. Just one problem . . . all the images were really sharp. Dang, I thought I had reversed the lens. Oh, well. Took it back apart, reversed the lens and now it is doing what I wanted it to do. Just processed my first roll of film with the reversed lens and this will be a fun one to work with. There were several images I was pleased with and will post a few when I get some printing done. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Brownie Hawkeye took really sharp photos up to 5 or 6 feet for a simple box camera and it was cheap ($12 in the mid 1950's). That with the photographic range of Verichrome Pan made it a popular and easy to use camera.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking forward to seeing them!

If it gets sharp again, something like WKD, or Smirnoff Ice on the lens might get the effect the original owner was after

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin