Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,566   Online: 888

Shooter
    35mm

Best Instant Camera That Uses Fuji Film

I admit I only did several quick searches. I'm looking for recommendations for Instant Cameras that use current Fuji Film. This is for a relative. If there is a link-point me to it. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mamiya Universal with Polaroid back would be (or *is*, since I have one) my hand held Fujiroid camera of choice. They are cheaper than the Polaroid only models (600 and 600SE), and take all the lenses for the Press system. The 600SE can only take a 127, 150, or a 75, and they are not the same mount as Mamiya Press lenses (though they are the same glass), so you will have to track down the lenses. It could be difficult and expensive to do so. The plain 600 (non-SE) model only has a 127 lens. You should be able to get a Universal kit with a Polaroid back for $250 or so in nice shape.

Here is some info on the 600 and 600SE: http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Polaroid_600/600_SE
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-27-2009 at 06:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correction
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the Mamiya is THE BEST, but virtually ALL of the Polaroid Packfilm cameras that take the Fuji Film are wonderful. I have shot the cheapest ones and the expensive ones and they are all wonderful. You can check out all the models here on The Land List (Land is the last name of the man named Edwin Land who is the inventor of the Polaroid).http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kind of off thread; but is there any way easily to use a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Speed Graphic with Fujiroid pack film?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, John.

I'll bet you could rig a Polaroid or Fuji 4x5 Graflok holder that takes 3-1/4x4-1/4 packfilm. I doubt you would be able to use the ground glass as well, however. I might just remove the entire back on the Speed (which is rather easy and harmless to do) and set it aside, then make your own back that has a 4x5 Graflok that will take the holder. I don't know if there was ever a 3x4 Graflok back made.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin