Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1173

Shooter
    35mm

Fujifilm Instax 200 Instant Film Camera

Are these any good? Do they compare to the Polaroids?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've heard they're deceptively large and annoyingly amateur in function. They'll take polaroid style instant prints but thats about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    I've heard they're deceptively large and annoyingly amateur in function. They'll take polaroid style instant prints but thats about it.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the cameras and prints are fairly big, a lot bigger than I would want. if you're looking for hand-held size check out the instax mini series.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like mine.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would hold off in hopes that The Impossable Project works out okay because they will be producing Polaroid 600 film on the original Polaroid equpment. You can still buy Polaroid film at places like CVS.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    fuji instax mini/polaroid mio is a wonderful camera and film.the larger size is bulky and awkward (the instax 200.) the film is wonderful, great colors, not really like polaroid but a different kind of charm (i love it.) really oversaturated color. i buy fuji instax mini film from hong kong on ebay for cheap.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Don't forget that the impossible project will not be producing Polaroid-quality film. They are planning to produce a film with imperfections, that will give different results with every picture, sort of a film Holga.

Instax film (like all Fuji instant film) is manufactured to the quality standard that we are used to, viz: sensitivity, color balance, and saturation very close to the same from picture to picture, pack to pack.

So they are different films (assuming Impossible ever gets off the ground), filling different functions.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polaroid was not toatally perfect...no two images could ever be the same.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin