Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,577   Posts: 1,646,822   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holga TLR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Brownie Target Six-20, while not a TLR, actually makes pretty good pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    Never knew that Holga's were made to make sharp pic's though.
    They're not. . . but, why would you want to spend $60+ to get that effect?
    Aren't there any old cheapo TLR's-- not necessariy Brownies, of course-- you could use to get something similar?
    My Chanukkah and Christmas card designs for sale at http://dewylfinart.deviantart.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brownies are well beyond Holgas in terms of traditional "image quality".

If the camera were something other than a regular Holga with a gimmick molded into the top, I might be interested. Same old Holga lens. Same old Holga body. The pix will look absolutely no different than a regular Holga, so what is the point? Holga with flash? Pretty neat gimmick that can actually change your pix versus a regular Holga. Stereo Holga? Cool idea. At least it is different, though just as crummy. Polaroid Holga? Another cool idea (though so expensive that I would be flabbergasted if even one person had bought it). They are all things that actually change your pix versus a normal Holga.

I think this would be cool if it was a whole new design...but not as a stupid gimmick that does absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-16-2009 at 06:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Holgas actually were suppose to be a bit sharper, that's why they come with a 6x4.5 mask - because if you crop off the fringes of the image circle, it's not that bad looking. Why they couldn't do a similar thing with the view finder, I don't know...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Holga
    I have used almost every Holga model there is. The TLR does offer better composing in the viewfinder than the original model design. Makes for some great low angle shots without getting down on the ground. The original Holga model viewfinder was terrible that I never even bothered to use it. The TLR is at least usable to a better extent. As far as image quality, of course there will be no difference, its just a different viewfinder.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin