Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,827   Online: 846

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another Toy Camera Store

http://www.fourcornerstore.com/

I came across this website store (no I am not affiliated with them in any way).

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Holga
    Its the same guy who runs Four Corners Dark - Gives great info on toy cameras and was the first (that I know of) to popularize the vivitar wide and slim which has achieved cult status.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On one hand I am very excited to see new weird toy cameras sprouting and I am glad to see their artistic potential being explored by many, but on the other hand it feels more like a fashion trend that won't last and those damn toys are so freaking expensive!
    Every time I see a cult-looking one with some cool weird effect that makes my creative spirit tingle, I look at the price and get the same feeling that I would get looking at any other luxury item.
    Considering that these are cheap toys, cost nothing to make and that their whole value is weighted at the photographer and the photographs that are created with, I just can't justify their prices any way. Even if I had money to spare, I would still feel like I was taken for a fool. I mean, I bought my Holga, new in box, at Calumet in Boston for something like 10 bucks and it still felt expensive!
    I am inspired though to make some crazy shit with it tomorrow.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    are there any good ways to age color film? Microwave? car trunk?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It seems to be the same "way of life" as with the Lensbaby......
    Some people do not want to shoot (or see) reality.

The thought of replacing my Rolleiflex 2.8F with a Holga......: no thanks

On the other hand if this draws the crowd that grows into serious analogue photography in due time.

Peter

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks for the link- and yes the store is an offspring of FourCornersDark.com, the analog and toy camera blog. We opened the store to fill the void, and provide obscure and expired film, odd lot cameras, hard to find items and other stuff that keeps the analog photographer shooting.. hope you all enjoy-- Cheers- NIC

..also to answer a few q's up there, film ages great in a hot attic, the back of your car, anyplace dry so it doesn't' collect mildew.. (but sometimes that can be cool too...) there is a post on 'aged film' on 4CD. The Vivitar I can't take credit for, but it has become and Icon. SuperHeadz now makes a clone that is identical to the original with some slight improvements. No need to replace your Rolleiflex, just add a Holga to you bag.. I still shoot often with my Mamiya 6mf (always in square format...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    http://www.fourcornerstore.com/

I came across this website store (no I am not affiliated with them in any way).

Regards, Art.
    And they actually have 110 film...

Shooter
    Holga
    Put it out in the sun for a few days. That should age it pretty well :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin