Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,571   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Jason, yes, I forgot about the 195. If you do find one for $10, snap it up!

The finder I took apart was the plastic Polaroid one. I cleaned it up real well so it's fairly bright, but it's no Zeiss!
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The instax image size is a bit wider than a polaroid style. I've heard the cameras are huge.

I love the packfilm in polaroid land cameras. my school even has a mamiya which is a blast when I take it out. People are perpetually amazed by instant prints.

Polaroid 600 style is a blast as well. I dearly hope the new film by the impossible project costs less than $2 a shot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Instant film fever is dangerous! Whenever I go out to shoot, I always pring instant now too! It's sooo much fun!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    p.s. instead of shelling out the dough for a Konica Instant Press (I'd love to have one too!) you might consider modifying an old Land camera by ripping out the original shutter and lens assembly and replacing it with a 127mm press camera lens. It's a fun easy project, very rewarding, total cost about $50.
    Two questions: is the above project an easy one for those of us who are not particularly mechanical? What would it involve adapting a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Speed Graphic to take instant film packs?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi John, I bet it would be much easier to put a Polaroid back on a Speed Graphic than to put a Speed Graphic lens on an old Polaroid camera (which is basically what I did). I believe that Polaroid backs are readily available for the Graphic.

My project was very low tech, inspired by this guy:
    http://option8.110mb.com/polaroid/index.html

Main tools were some little screwdrivers, epoxy, and masking tape.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    Instant fever is infectious too. I like fixing up flea market Polaroids and I always draw a crowd whenever I take one out shooting. It's amazing that people don't realize the film is still readily available.

Now my regular birthday gift to friends is a fixed-up folding Polaroid and a few packs of Fuji film. They are always tickled.

p.s. I love the Instax too. Take an Instax mini to any party and you will be the most popular person there.
    What do you mean fixed up? razzled?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    No, I just buy flea market cameras, give them a good cleaning, and convert the battery pack to AAAs. I'll usually run a test pack through to make sure the photo sensor isn't too far off.

But it's a cool idea to make some Holga-d polaroids cameras. Spray some junk on the lens, put pinholes in the bellows and/or throw the thing on the ground.
    Vince Donovan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin