Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,205   Online: 796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

It's official: I have Instant Film Fever

I got the Fuji Instax camera and some film for my son, then had to get him a new one as I fell in love with the beast. Then I found & bought a Mamiya Universal Press with polaroid back and some 665 pos/neg film. Now I've offered some digital gear (see want to trade classifieds) in an attempt to get a Fuji Fotorama FP-1 Pro or Konica Instant Press. I've got it bad and love it, the quality of the pictures that I get from the Instax is better than most of my digital stuff, can't wait to see what I can get out of the Mamiya......

John
    Never met a camera I didn't like...
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j9fingers/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

This falls loosely with the spectrum of G.A.S. (Gear Acquistion Syndrome). Have fun with it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How big are the prints from an Instax? I've never had the privilege of seeing one.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Large Format
    Instant fever is infectious too. I like fixing up flea market Polaroids and I always draw a crowd whenever I take one out shooting. It's amazing that people don't realize the film is still readily available.

Now my regular birthday gift to friends is a fixed-up folding Polaroid and a few packs of Fuji film. They are always tickled.

p.s. I love the Instax too. Take an Instax mini to any party and you will be the most popular person there.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Large Format
    p.s. instead of shelling out the dough for a Konica Instant Press (I'd love to have one too!) you might consider modifying an old Land camera by ripping out the original shutter and lens assembly and replacing it with a 127mm press camera lens. It's a fun easy project, very rewarding, total cost about $50.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I love the fuji line of instant pull apart film. I use a Polaroid 195 and a RB67 with a back by LANE. I have stacks of prints and love it. But at a dollar a shot, its hard to keep film around these days...

Jason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    p.s. instead of shelling out the dough for a Konica Instant Press (I'd love to have one too!) you might consider modifying an old Land camera by ripping out the original shutter and lens assembly and replacing it with a 127mm press camera lens. It's a fun easy project, very rewarding, total cost about $50.
    The folding Polaroid Land is 117mm...how do you set up the focus?

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Charles, the Instax picture is about 4" wide by 2.5" high, kinda small but takes great pictures.

Hi Vince, I have seen some 360's, 180's & 185's for sale here and there for decent prices. Do they take the Fuji FP 100 & 3000 film packs??? And yes, the Konica Instan Press is pricy but figured I'd take a shot at swapping some gear if anyone was interested.

John
    Never met a camera I didn't like...
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j9fingers/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh yeah. Almost any of those folding Polaroid cameras will take the Fuji FP-series film. Polaroid made dozens of models, so you want to check here before you buy to see the features of the camera and which film it takes. Except for the 180, there's no reason to pay over $10 for any of the folding Land cameras.
    http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam.htm

The only gotcha can be the batteries--some of them took hard-to-find 3v and 4.5v batteries, but there are plenty of places on the web to show you how to work around that.

Jason, to answer your question, I opened the rangefinder and found the adjustment screws. I opened the camera and taped a piece of wax paper to the back so I could check the focus. Then I adjusted for infinity and for close focus. It works great.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    Except for the 180, there's no reason to pay over $10 for any of the folding Land cameras.
    http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam.htm

Jason, to answer your question, I opened the rangefinder and found the adjustment screws. I opened the camera and taped a piece of wax paper to the back so I could check the focus. Then I adjusted for infinity and for close focus. It works great.

Was that the Zeiss finder or the Plastic Polaroid one?

Also, I would think that the 195 is also worth the extra money, I sure paid a bit more...

If you do get a 195, I would also buy a 250(or a similar one) and trade out the plastic Polaroid finder for the nice bright Zeiss finder. I also traded out the backs to get rid of the timer. It did not work real well and made the camera more bulky. Besides, with current film, it is not really needed.

Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin