Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,992   Online: 826

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Using Polariod in a standard 4x5

Ok, well for while I have had this idea. Call me crazy if you want, but I think it will work. I have yet to try it with unexposed film.

I found an old Polaroid for illustrative purposes;

As you can see, the Polaroid type 600 fits into the 4x5 holder quite well; it's thin enough to go under the rail, but stiff enough not to flop around..

I have an old Polaroid Land OneStep. It looks like the front door that contains the rollers could easily be taken off in one piece. There is a large gear to the side, which I can spin to turn the rollers, and drag the film through.

So, theoretically, I can shoot the film in the 4x5 holder, then run it through the rollers in the black bag, and voila!

Does this sound plausible to you? It would require the breaking of a film pack, I don't know how hard that is. Does Fuji make an equivalent that would function in a similar way?
    Last edited by EASmithV; 06-12-2009 at 05:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What if you just shot the 4X5 Fuji? http://www.freestylephoto.biz/026027...ck?cat_id=2401 It is available in black and white and color. Fuji also makes a holder for it.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Ok, well for while I have had this idea. Call me crazy if you want,
    Okay, I call you crazy. But seriously, if I were going to try what you want to do, I think I would see if there were a way to disassemble the Polaroid camera and use the whole pack mechanism as a back for the camera, rather than try to put individual sheets in a different holder. How to actually do that, I have no idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many people do this. They do this to preview their exposure to see if it is correct before they shoot the slides or negatives. I believe a back like this may help out. http://www.freestylephoto.biz/024050...er?cat_id=2405 Please excuse me if I am totally wrong. I don't know much about sizes bigger than 35mm.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I saw something similar to that whereby somebody exposed integral film images in a pentax 67 or something and then developed them. If you want to get really crazy I would cannibalize an old onestep camera and a 4x5 holder to create a integral film processor with dark slide that will process your film for you. Might be fun, might be a disaster, but certainly less work that moving it between holder and processor...

also it will be mirrored...im not sure how the onestep circumvents this...

You would need to pull it through with a fair velocity and be fairly constant with your speed...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    also it will be mirrored...im not sure how the onestep circumvents this...
    There is a mirror
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin