Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,523   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Slow shutter on Hawk Eye

The shutter on my Brownie Hawkeye is slow to trip or release. I've taken it apart and all the nparts seem to be there and working, just working slow. Any ideas about a fix. Bill BArber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had several of those Hawkeyes, several Kodak Duaflex cameras, a Kodak Six-20 Brownie and a Kodak Jiffy currently residing in storage and they all had the same issue. A shutter feel and response that I would refer to as "mush". I couldn't take a steady handheld shot using these cameras even if I tried. And I was never able to find anything actually wrong with them. Sorry, I know that doesn't sound very encouraging. I tried some powdered graphite to no avail.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even when it was new the shutter on the Brownie Hawkeye was not all that crisp as I recall.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When the shutter is pushed, it eventually fires however I sometimes think my first social security check will arrive before the shutter actually fires. I've taken it apart and can watch the action (or lack of action) occur. Seems as if it should be an easy fix. I have a number of really nice images captured with my reversed lens Hawk Eye and would like to continue to use it, without having to buy another. Has anyone ever fixed one? Bill Barber

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin