Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,550   Online: 785

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's not the camera, it's the photographer. The Holga is proof.

Personally I prefer the glass lensed version. I like my center to be sharp. The edges...less so.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    The Holga is absolutely a "legitimate" camera...just look at the increasing numbers of them showing up at weddings, among other places. Plastic cameras do something that no digi camera (and many film SLRs as well) can do--it completely removes the technology issue from the equation. With one shutter speed and one f/stop, the only things you need to focus on are the lighting and composition. The feeling is positively liberating at times.

I also have shot Delta 3200 in my Holgas, and yes, the effect is very grainy. Bright daylight of course blows everything out, unless you process the film at 800 or so. In fact, if you have good, bright daylight--meaning not cloudy or hazy--you should be able to shoot easily in 200 or 125 ISO with few problems. I prefer to do this because the Holga's plastic lens of course loses finer details in places, so for me a lower-speed film will be able to rescue some of those things that a higher-speed film might not be able to get.

BTW, the new Holga TLR is now available for pre-order on Freestyle's web site:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/240120...Plastic-Camera

Figures that they would be the first to get it in this country. This is very tempting...
    Last edited by Silverhead; 07-14-2009 at 12:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding film comments

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my holga. What other camera could you use this close to goats. My center is sharp and no photographer or goat was harmed making this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zipthegoat.jpg  

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by msdemanche View Post
    I love my holga. What other camera could you use this close to goats. My center is sharp and no photographer or goat was harmed making this picture.
    Did he try to eat the Holga?

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    BTW, the new Holga TLR is now available for pre-order on Freestyle's web site:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/240120...Plastic-Camera

Figures that they would be the first to get it in this country. This is very tempting...
    I have some shots posted from this camera that I shot this weekend. http://www.cgmoyer.blogspot.com/

Another great Holga is their super wide pinhole model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    Did he try to eat the Holga?
    He did try to take a bite. I was fast and got the image and kept the camera.
    It is fun to sit in field with goats on their level.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are not all Holga, however they are all plastic/toy cameras. Looks pretty good to me, but them two of the images are mine. What do you think I'd say? Bill Barber

http://www.lostcanuck.com/studio/exhibitions/fant/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tripped over this Holga shooter's stuff on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/halopho...7594327205876/

Makes me want to shoot with a Holga
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Look, I know they have a cult following but holgas can't think. They're cameras.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I'm not sure what the means, but thanks?
    -Jake

Photography by the seat of my pants.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin