Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,382   Online: 954

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Holga thoughts...

I know it's a gimmick camera, and i know it's not really legit, but do you have fun shooting with it?

i have a couple of family things coming up and was thinking about picking one up so i can get the hang of 120 film. this way if i mess up in the development phase it won't really be that big of a deal. It's all just for fun, and if something interesting comes out it's a bonus. I'll still have my nikon for real shots.

also, has anyone used ilford 3200 in a holga? i wouldn't mind a little grain to add to the lo-fi effect i'm sure i can expect from the holga.

thanks
    -Jake

Photography by the seat of my pants.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When shooting with the Holga check the exposure with your FM just to be shure.....
    When it comes to developing your film you can under develop the film for say 1600 ASA if needed.
    I never shot with a Holga, but hell it could be fun !
    The only risk you are running is that you want more of it afterwards or even go for a Lens Baby.......

Peter

Shooter
    Holga
    The Holga was my entry into the world of 120, and I'll never let it go! Give it a try

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    what type of film did you use? any thoughts on the high iso?
    -Jake

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hey--my Holga is legit. It's cheap, light, and takes sporadically cool photos. And fun, did I mention fun?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJake View Post
    I know it's a gimmick camera, and i know it's not really legit, but do you have fun shooting with it?

i have a couple of family things coming up and was thinking about picking one up so i can get the hang of 120 film. this way if i mess up in the development phase it won't really be that big of a deal. It's all just for fun, and if something interesting comes out it's a bonus. I'll still have my nikon for real shots.

also, has anyone used ilford 3200 in a holga? i wouldn't mind a little grain to add to the lo-fi effect i'm sure i can expect from the holga.

thanks
    Yep, When I use my holga (not very often) it is usually loaded with Delta 3200. I pull the development slighly and find the lower inherent contrast of quicker films to be quite useful. Check out the attachment. It's delta developed in X-tol and printed on Forte Fortezo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Salsa.jpg  

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    that's a great photo for a $28 camera

that was kinda my though on the 3200 iso. only i don't always know how to express the technical part of things, still learning.

... and didn't mean to offend regarding the legitimacy of holga :P
    -Jake

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    i mean, it's a great photo regardless of the equipment used... sometimes i put my foot in my mouth.
    -Jake

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agreed. Fantastic camera. Here are a couple of my own Holga favorites.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I love Holgas for many reasons, but Jersey Vic's work stands out as a perfect example of a $20 camera making incredible images. Of course, it wasn't really the camera that did it. Try it, you may get hooked!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin