Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,739   Online: 875

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Vivitar wide and slim/copies of it

I'm thinking of buying one off the Four Corners Dark store, and I'm wondering if APUGers have had any experience with it? What do you think of it? Is is worth the $40 US[$30+shipping]
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    No.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Im not sure if it's worth $40. Or even $20. I have one and it is what it's meant to be: a simple camera with a simple gimmick. You don't get the wild colors of a LC-A and the lens on mine compares unfavorably to a Holga. But, if you like wide-angle shots that don't require (or allow for) much thought (and at times, I do) it's great.

Here's a shot I like taken with one.
    Last edited by zenrhino; 07-23-2009 at 06:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added a link to a photo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino View Post
    You don't get the wild colors of a LC-A
    Shouldn't that have to do more with film and processes (eg cross processing) than the lens/camera? And I do like wide angle shots, though now that you mention it, $40 is a lot to spend on a gimmick, and I do need a strap for my leica..
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    well i love this camera. i bought some when they were $2 on ebay a few years ago.. i dont know if it's worth $40, only because they are so fragile and cheaply made.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin