Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,547   Online: 891

Images

almost nothing on film from HOlga

I processed film from my HOlga, and there is almost nothing on the film. There are some few dark streaks, but no images. Why would that be? I've never had this happen before. I was shooting Tri-X 320. The edge markings are there.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lens cap was on?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Take the back off and look through the lens as you operate the shutter. Sometimes the little spring that make the shutter rotate either comes off or wears out, but my guess is that Art has the right idea.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Take the back off and look through the lens as you operate the shutter. Sometimes the little spring that make the shutter rotate either comes off or wears out, but my guess is that Art has the right idea.

- Randy
    I had a spring problem with my holga before. the spring came off, and I had to put it back on. Could be the lens cap, too, though. I dont take my Holga out much anymore, but leaving the lens cap on is something I would do (though I havent done it yet, suprisingly).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mechanical problems aside, you could also need longer exposures or faster film. There's no meter in the thing, and only one shutter speed. Some of my images come out a little darker than I would like.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The dark streaks sound like light leaks. If they are the only things on the film, meaning that there are not even any very faint images, then I guess that the lens cap was on when you were shooting.

Step #1 with a new Holga is to chuck the lens cap into the recycling bin, for this very reason.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Images
    I don't have a lens cap. That was lost long ago. I wish that was the problem... it would be easy to fix. I'll check out the other suggestion. BY the way, I didn't say but I was outside on a bright sunny day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On a sunny day there should have been plenty of light for Tri-X exposures. Most likely it's the shutter problem mentioned above.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin