Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,305   Online: 1103

Shooter
    Medium Format

Polaroid 600 SE 4x5 Film Back?

I have a Polaroid 600 SE and am wondering if a 4x5 sheet film back exists for this camera, or if not, if it's possible to adapt a 4x5 sheet film holder, or 4x5 Polaroid film holder, to fit it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tony Sansome is going to begin making these in the beginning of the year. Mine's on order. This camera is so flexiable it's not even funny.
    Instant film, 6x6,6x7,6x9, and 4x5.

Tonys rep is spot on and I've already purchased a few things from him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep in mind that you wont get a whole sheet of 4x5" film exposed, as the size of the body simply doesn't allow for it. Well, perhaps with a lot of modification to the body itself, but strictly as a back, you wont get full frame 4x5".

That said, have a look on ebay, Polaroid 545 instant backs modified with feet for the 600SE come up now and then, and sell pretty cheaply because of the lack of instant film for that holder now. I assume you could use Fuji quickloads with them, however.

Another option would be to have Razzledog's Razzlok back fitted with feet for your 600SE. It would be a custom job, however, and I'm not sure how expensive.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    True you will not get a full frame from the 4x5 back, however you will get a large part of it.
    I would never try the ebay route for these as it is pretty well known that these are poorly put togeather and generally always have light leaks.
    Tony is a engineer and machine makes these from scratch I would suggest giving him a shout. He is about to begin production in Jan for the next
    run.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin